Saturday, September 6, 2008

Just another crazy day!

Hi everyone!
I wanted to create this blog to give all people that have someone who is Autistic in their lives a chance to reach out to each other. A place to ask for help, ask questions, get advice or just to vent about the good, bad, and Yes, even those ugly days when you just want to run and hide and pretend Autism is not part of your life.

I have 3 children. My oldest is 20, and my youngest is 13, and my son, who is autistic is 16. Wow! I do not even remember getting this far, and then I look back and see how it was when JT was first diagnosed. I was lost and frnatic to fix this thing or name or disease called autism. Of course I thought of the "rainman' and wondered if this is what our lives would be like.

I wish at the time he was diagnosed that I had a place to vent, and complain and reach out for help. I needed to share my day with others that I knew must be going through the same thing. I did not want a support group that I had to leave the house to go to, nor did I want to BEG someone to watch my son so I could go in search of this place to vent.

I do not want to give you the wrong impression. I Love having Autism is my life and its every day challenges, although years ago I would not have said that. I want you to feel free to write your feeling and not be judged by anyone else that write to this blog. Part of dealing with the every day stress, joys and hardships of raising and autistic child is being able to turn to someone and just say HELP! I think I am going crazy and I need you to understand and not feel guilty for feeling this way. So sign in and feel free to join my world of autism

No comments: